Things I’m Doing When I’m Not Blogging
If you’ve noticed that things have been quiet lately here in my little corner of the blogosphere, it’s because I’ve just been so busy. So what have I’ve been up to?
- The kids go to schools of the SF Unified School District, and there have been several field trips, and one graduation — although they call it a “promotion” (5th to 6th grade), and so being a participant in those activities is #1.
- Planned, prepared, shopped for and executed a birthday party for the older child. After the party, I certainly have a new appreciation for my son’s teacher. She has to deal with 4x the kids, for a whole school year. Whew!
- Read Orson Scott Cards’ Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Giant, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide , and Jim Butcher’s Grave Peril and Summer Knight, and Tom De Haven’s It’s Superman!: A Novel
- Planned for a (much needed) vacation
- Worked “in the field” almost every weekend
- Work on post production when I’m “off the field”
I’ve cut down on commenting on others blog, reserving the right to speak only when I truly have something valuable to add. Of course, I still have the blogs in my Google reader, so that I can keep tabs on things.
But I’m beginning to realize that this blog will probably be “seasonal”, with more posts most likely in the Winter and Spring, and less in the Summer and Fall.
Hopefully, you’ll still come by.
Thanks for reading!