Is it me, or does there seem to be enthusiasm in the air — I’ve received more emails, seen more chatter online, etc., on this year’s ballot than I can ever recall.
Do your civic duty, and vote!
If you’ve noticed that things have been quiet lately here in my little corner of the blogosphere, it’s because I’ve just been so busy. So what have I’ve been up to?
- The kids go to schools of the SF Unified School District, and there have been several field trips, and one graduation — although they call it a “promotion” (5th to 6th grade), and so being a participant in those activities is #1.
- Planned, prepared, shopped for and executed a birthday party for the older child. After the party, I certainly have a new appreciation for my son’s teacher. She has to deal with 4x the kids, for a whole school year. Whew!
- Read Orson Scott Cards’ Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Giant, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide , and Jim Butcher’s Grave Peril and Summer Knight, and Tom De Haven’s It’s Superman!: A Novel
- Planned for a (much needed) vacation
- Worked “in the field” almost every weekend
- Work on post production when I’m “off the field”
I’ve cut down on commenting on others blog, reserving the right to speak only when I truly have something valuable to add. Of course, I still have the blogs in my Google reader, so that I can keep tabs on things.
But I’m beginning to realize that this blog will probably be “seasonal”, with more posts most likely in the Winter and Spring, and less in the Summer and Fall.
Hopefully, you’ll still come by.
Thanks for reading!
- “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” –Franklin P. Jones
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” –Plato
- “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” –Robert Frost
- “Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.” –C.S. Lewis
- “If you have it [Love], you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have.” –Sir James M. Barrie
- “Love is a friendship set to music.” –E. Joseph Cossman
- “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” –Albert Einstein
- “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” –Ingrid Bergman
- “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.” –Amy Bloom
- “The first duty of love is to listen.” –Paul Tillich
Here’s my own:
February 14th should only serve as a reminder that there are 364 other days in the year when you should say “I love you.”
Have a wonderful day.
I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year 2008!
I’m excited to have launched this blog at the start of the year — if all goes well, I will be able to look back on a year of productive/meaningful/satisfying blogging at end of each year.
Hope you’ll come by to check for updates.
Or better yet, subscribe to the RSS Feed.
See you soon!